The Goldfarb Center for Public Affairs connects the Colby community to our nation’s most pressing current events, fosters awareness of the role of public policy, and inspires active citizenship. We spark thought-provoking conversations through high-profile public events and create networking opportunities for students interested in public affairs. We believe in a nonpartisan, inclusive approach that welcomes every opinion as part of a healthy discourse.
Our events include world leaders, innovative thinkers, influential politicians, community activists, and cutting-edge academics. We engage students across disciplines and look at how to address complex challenges through creative, interdisciplinary approaches. Thanks in part to generous alumni donors, the Goldfarb Center is able to fund internship and research opportunities for students, support faculty with course development stipends, and award the prestigious Franko-Maisel Public Policy Prize each year.
The center was founded in 2003 with a generous gift from Colby Trustee Emeritus, William Goldfarb ’68, P ’00.
• Be a vibrant information hub on current events
• Increase awareness of the role of public policy to address complex challenges
• Empower and build the leadership skills of Colby students
• Create networking opportunities to connect students to alumni and world leaders who have established careers in public affairs
• Provide inclusive forum for open, healthy discourse for all opinions
• Inspire active citizenship among the Colby Community